Okay. Here's a possibility I'd not considered, and perhaps one that you could agree with...

You split up a team of scientists. You put one of them in the "receiving room" and one in the "transmitting room". You tell those waiting in the receiving room that some time today they will receive a message, but that they are to do nothing about it for ten minutes. After ten minutes, they are to come into the transmission room and report the precise time at which they received the signal.

In the transmitting room, you tell them to pick a random moment more today than ten minutes into the experiment to transmit a signal to the receiving room that will be received five minutes in the past.

Allow no other communication between the rooms.

If the signal is received, the senders will have no indication of it and thus no reason to not send it. Five minutes after they send it, the other scientists will bust in saying that they got he signal ten minutes ago - five minutes before it was sent.

With me so far?

Now, remove the wall. The receiving scientists receive a signal and immediately the transmitters know it will not be sent for another five minutes. One of two things will now happen: The transmitting scientists will be compelled to send that signal at a pre-ordained time, or they will be free to not send it.

Now it becomes a question, unfortunately, of philosophy - only because science doesn't yet know the answer: Is everything preordained, or does the Uncertainty Principal really grant us free will?

Personally, I go the free will route. So the transmitting scientists choose not to send it. But it came from somewhere. Where? Well, it came from a timeline that was obliterated the instant the signal was received. To the scientists, it's a message from nowhere. An acausal blip. And they have no possible way to determine the point of origin because it comes from a place that is now parallel to the universe they are in.

Is that a better/more acceptable explanation of what I'm trying to say?

w