Quote:
Is this a hypothesis Wayne?

Well, of course it is. God didn't call me on the phone and tell me his plans.

I think you'll find few theists that would disagree that God has the ability to effect the universe at will, at any time coordinate. And you'll find even fewer who don't believe God created the Universe. In that sense, yes: I would say my fellow believers agree.

If he can affect any time coordinate, that implies that He is unconstrained by time, which implies that He exists in a state outside of time, non-dependent upon the time dimension to which we all are so closely tied.

And if the universe is a self-contained block wherein time is just another dimension, which reverse causality implies, then it becomes much easier to imagine how such a being could fine-tune things by altering them in the block. Doing so from outside the time dimension, there is no saying he did it "before" or "after" or "a long time ago": It was simply done.

So you ask if my fellow believers believe as I do, and I say that my beliefs are completely compatible with the teachings of the Catholic church - so I guess they do. Or, at least, they do as long as they understand the science involved.

Quote:
If not, you seem to know very well what God can and cannot do

Actually, no - that is not correct. You have never seen me state anything that God cannot do. The best you can say is that I've suggested ways in which he might do them. (eg, Reaching in through the quantum fluctuation from outside time and adjusting things so that they come out as desired.) Telling people what God cannot do is the purview of the Fundamentalists who insist that God is incapable of bringing about intelligent life through the process of evolution. It is they who say that all suicides and non-believers go to Hell because God is incapable of showing mercy and deciding for himself. It is they who claim to know the mind of God and so can tell you with such assuredness that homosexuality is a fast road to damnation. I don't do that. I am about finding ways to show that God is possible and that what seems omniscience and omnipotence to us is a defined side effect of living outside out timestream with the ability to reach into it and manipulate quantum fields. Is that how He does it? I dunno. Might he do it that way? Absolutely! And if he does, it wouldn't violate anything we know about science.

Nothing riles me faster than somebody attributing fundamentalist thought processes to me, and that's what you do when you tell me that I know and say what God can't do. I know that's not what you meant, so I'm not irritated - but it sure makes me type fast, hearing stuff like that.

w