DA Morgan

Thank you.

That is the kindest response I have received from you, and I can tell you mean it.

In truth I do not agree with all the points Milo makes in his papers. Indeed about the only part I do agree with is the equation for electron and positron formation. Many crackpots have latched onto the other points he promotes. His equation seems sound, even if the other conclusions he draws from it may not be.

You will note that I have never mentioned the aether he believes in, or some of the other far fetched notions in his work.

His work was considered valid enough to be included in professional publications and withstood peer review. I think this was mainly due to his equation for electron/positron formation and that no fault could be found in his math. Mathematically it may be sound, but that does not mean he is correct. To my knowledge, no one else has developed an equation to account for electron and positron production that is as elegant as his, some thing only a mathematician can appreciate.

Milo is old and his health is not good. Out of kindness I do not openly attack the areas where I feel he went of track. I only mention this to you now so that you might understand my situation better. I do not want to upset him in his final few years, he really is a nice man, and it would grieve me to cause him pain. He will most likely not be with us by time I am done with my work, so he will never know the difference. I will not mention again that I feel he was wrong on many points. I will just avoid mentioning them as I have done in the past and not include them in my work.

So I have taken the only part I felt he had correct, and am trying to see if conclusions can be drawn from it that a different that the ones he reached, and more in harmony with accepted facts. If I can find some value in his work, that will be the best I can do in his memory. So I am doing this for more than just a way to pass the time, it is personal also. My feeble effort to provide a legacy for someone I respect and care about so that their life was not spent in vain.

I hope you can understand this. I might never complete this theory, and even if I do, it may not resemble the current model I have. But it is the least I can do, it brightens his day to see someone actively trying to advance his work who is not a crackpot in his eyes.