Samwik

Thanks for the information. I will be looking them up. I am trying to come to grips with renormalization right now, so the info is timely as well. A friend gave me a copy of the QFT textbook he is writing, but it's beyond me. Even my friends seem to forget my limited math ability. I think in pictures and often discuss high level math concepts with them because I can picture what they are talking about, but that does not help me when I have to actually do the math.

DA Morgan

I have already tried that approach. In the backwater region where I live there are no nearby universities with graduate level physics and math courses. My old physics professor has tried to find a student with the skill and desire to help, but no luck yet. As head of the science department for the local college, he does not have the time himself. He always said I should have been a physicist instead of a stage hand. After my heart attack stop me from working as a stage hand, I have returned to my old love of physics, so maybe he was right.