dehammer wrote:
"very little of new york will be put under the water"

Yes I did. I've also seen the full scale ones at the local NOAA office. Just one thing ... when you say "New York" are you referring to the state or the city? The city will not survive.

And not because most of it isn't more than 18' above the hudson river. Rather because the bridges, tunnels, and other infrastructure would be unstable and cease to exist. Manhattan is an island dehammer: An island.

dehammer wrote:
"they will bitch and moan how the rising sea is costing them millions and demand that the goverment spent billions to fix the problems."

On this you are correct. Perhaps you forgot who it is that is paying those taxes. Or should I say paying the interest on the money borrowed since we are currently trying to max out the country's credit card.

BTW: The average elevation of New York City is 10 meters. That is only 12 feet higher than the 6 meter rise expected if Greenland melts.

Source:
http://www.bycitylight.com/cities/us-ny-new_york-facts.php

And please pay attention. The 6 meters is JUST Greenland. If Greenland melts it will not do so in isolation. There will also be melting of arctic sea ice, Scandinavian ice, European ice (the Alps), and antarctic ice.

DA Morgan