Yes but you understand things now smile

His answer is sort of right if you are talking to layman, it just won't hold up if you use modern science which isn't a surprise. You created the problem by introducing GR which hardly a layman topic you are a very bad boy. Think about it if you were talking to Paul he would say that is all fantasy and you are back to the answer he gave.

Ask a builder to measure the 3m pole. When he tells you 3m, tell him no you can't determine the length because of uncertainty principle and see what he says to you ... hey you are right but his reaction will be funny laugh

You are never going to convince him in that argument because he has a tape measure and he can see it. In the end you will do what we all do let the dumb smuck go off believing whatever he wants. The more you understand the more times you just have to walk off shaking your head .. trust me smile

Why do you think I rarely insist on answers I just ask questions laugh

Our answer 0^0=1 definitely isn't right either, its just nice, if we go at it with more modern mathematics ... there is a lovely new branch of mathematics called discrete calculus. Yeah we can deal with the massive problem setting 0^0=0 creates and give Paul his way but it isn't pretty and bags not teaching it to school children.

I said at the onset the technical answer is it is undefined but for layman mathematics which includes calculus it to HAS TO BE SET TO ONE and the site correctly stated that and he did say why .. because a mathematician said so, I liked his humour.

Last edited by Orac; 02/06/16 02:17 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.