If Orac can point us to a solid link between QM and GR nobody on the Nobel Committee has noticed it. Yes, there are problems with GR when you get into the QM range of lengths and energies. But nobody has been able to make reasonable predictions of GR phenomena using QM. They both work wonderfully in their respective areas. But there is still no way to bridge the gap between them, despite the fact that Orac seems to think that QM is the answer to everything. I figure one of these days somebody will come up with a testable solution that actually does work in both areas. Right now I have not heard of anything that actually seems to have much chance.

As far as giving links instead of hard info, I have been somewhat guilty of that myself. I have been having a conversation with monica1 over on the science section and have been posting links to wikipedia that I didn't bother to read myself. I suspect that monica would not have much success in deciphering them, based on the way she phrased her questions. It is awfully easy to get to doing that instead of working on figuring out how to say it myself. And as I said to monica, I am definitely not a teacher.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.