Quote:
The boat does not have to expend any energy to move. That is what I was trying to say. Yes, there is energy involved, but not the energy of the boat, it is the energy of the water that moves it. In the same way the expansion of the universe is based on the total energy of the universe. The galaxies are not expending any energy to continue to separate.

the galaxies are moving away from each other , I think you have
admitted that already.

but the theory claims that the galaxies are being moved by
the space expanding.

the boat in the water is moved by the current of the water , and the current of the water is mainly caused by solar radiation.

so when a galaxy in the space is moved by the expanding space what is the cause of the expanding space that moves the galaxy?

ie...

Quote:
it is the energy of the water that moves it.

what is the energy of the expanding space that moves it?

and where does the expanding space get the energy from in order for the expanding space to expand?

I know this will sound stupid to you , but does the energy come from an explosion such as the big bang?

if not then could you please tell me where the energy comes from.

also , you have already mentioned something about the total of the energy of the cosmos , but what I need to know is something
more like what is the process that is involved.

I know that the reason that the expanding space theory
was invented was because an explosion being the reason that
space is expanding was seen as a threat to einsteins theories
so that is the reason that I would like to know how the process is supposed to work.

you seem to know a good deal about it , and that is why Im
asking , because surely you wouldn't have skipped the first most important chapter that explains the foundation of the theory where the how it supposed to work is printed.

in a way you have said it , but it is really very vague.

Quote:
The stretching of space is produced by the sum of all the energy and mass that exists in the scientifically accessible space. Just as a boat in a current requires no energy to move with respect to a boat outside of the current a galaxy in one place can move without any energy if it is just going with the flow.

that isn't much of an explanation , unless you are speaking
about an initial explosion that forced everything away from
an initial point.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.