Quote:
did I say I was?

If you had, why would I have asked. Stay focused, Paul.

Quote:
the reason I posted the information was to show that there
was enough water to cover the earth in the past!

The flooded Earth hypothesis is just that – a hypothesis. It would be interesting if you could find a leading geologist who has taken this seriously since 2008. It ignores any evidence for dry land prior to the time in question.

Quote:
are you saying that it was correct in the past?

That you can even ask that question demonstrates either a poor understanding of English, or a wish to prevaricate. As this is a science discussion forum, not an English class, I will let that pass.

Quote:
so you were assuming that then.

A little clarity would be appreciated, if it is worth pursuing.

Quote:
I havent read that everyone on the earth has a right to their own personal beliefs.

Neither have I, but I do not necessarily base my opinions on matters of this nature on the writings of others.

Quote:
you actually meant to use something more like

maybe they cant be linked to a worldwide flood.
or
perhaps they cant be linked to a worldwide flood.

Please do me the courtesy of allowing me to be the judge of what I meant.

Implicit in such statements as mine is the understanding that it is based on our current scientific knowledge. I credit you with the intelligence and understanding to appreciate that.

Quote:
were you trying to show me that there is a realm of scientific dogma?

Paul, that’s way below your usual standard, even at your most argumentative.

I have responded to the points in your last post because I believe that is a matter of courtesy, but I think I shall opt out from here on, unless we can raise our sights a bit, and return to something resembling science. If I were looking for an exchange of smart-arsed comments, I'm sure there are forums dedicated to that.

Last edited by Bill S.; 04/24/14 04:57 PM.

There never was nothing.