Quote:
A little clarification may be needed here. In fact all magnetic and electric fields are part of an electromagnetic field. They do not exist in isolation. We frequently speak of a magnetic field or an electric field as if it was an independent item. However, that is just a matter of how we are looking at them. Here is the Wikipedia article It has a fairly good explanation of just how the electromagnetic field works.

Bill, could you copy n paste that part of the wikipedia article
I couldnt find it.

I want to try and understand how they have come to that conclusion.

I cant see how a magnetic field of a magnet could be confused with a electromagnetic field.

I did find this

Quote:

Static E and M fields and static EM fields

When an EM field (see electromagnetic tensor) is not varying in time, it may be seen as a purely electrical field or a purely magnetic field, or a mixture of both. However the general case of a static EM field with both electric and magnetic components present, is the case that appe....

When an EM field is not varying in time is the focus there I believe.
and its talking about what observers would see if it were not varying in time.

Quote:
...appears to most observers. Observers who see only an electric or magnetic field component of a static EM field, have the other (electric or magnetic) component suppressed, due to the special case of the immobile state of the charges that produce the EM field in that case. In such cases the other component becomes manifest in other observer frames.

is that the part that you were referencing?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.