well , I guess it all boils down to which article is found first, LOL.

I have a definite problem with the article you posted about
Cambridge U.

Quote:
The inner core grows very slowly over time as material from the fluid outer core solidifies onto its surface. During this process, an east-west hemispherical difference in velocity is frozen into the structure of the inner core.

its obvious that solid FE which comprises the inner core
is heavier than the composition of the FE and S above the inner core.

its also obvious that when pure FE is separated out of the FE and S of the outer core and the pure FE bonds with the inner core there are things that happen.

1) there would be a layer just above the inner core consisting mostly of pure sulfur.

2) the viscosity of the pure sulfur when heated increases unlike other substances whos viscosity decreases.
and I haven't yet to read any evidence in your article that
discusses this variation in viscosity concerning the sulfur
that would be deposited from the FE and S in the outer core.
given that the pressures would increase the melting and boiling temperatures and other properties.

3) the momentum of the inner core would decrease and likewise
the momentum of the outer core would increase.
this would point to the inner core slowing down during the process , not speeding up.

Quote:
The faster rotation rates are incompatible with the observed hemispheres in the inner core because it would not allow enough time for the differences to freeze into the structure

Im curious if the differences above and the what they found that consistently shifted east with depth was nothing more than layers of sulfur.

the sulfur could have a viscosity that is so strong that it
could be being confused with the upper 90 km of the inner core , also the density of the sulfur could have a great
potential for confusion.

the only evidence we have is through the use of seismic waves
and a layer of sulfur might just slow down a seismic wave.

we have observed huge boulders floating on fast moving water here on the surface of the earth.

with the increased pressures and viscosities of sulfur down there velocities are not really that important for such a thing to happen.

so the FE and S could be floating on top of the pure sulfur.

the article about the hypothesis and its proposed inner core speed and the reasons it claims that the previous speed is wrong and the evidence given is too questionable for
me to accept.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.