Originally Posted By: paul

in order to claim that matter in a vacuum cannot travel faster than the speed at which light travels in a vacuum , you must first have resources
that could propel matter to that speed in a vacuum.

Ummm perhaps you missed the 50 years we have these big machines we build they send matter round and round accelerating matter to almost the speed of light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Quote:
The protons will each have an energy of 7 TeV, giving a total collision energy of 14 TeV. At this energy the protons have a Lorentz factor of about 7,500 and move at about 0.999999991 c, or about 3 metres per second slower than the speed of light (c). It will take less than 90 microseconds for a proton to travel once around the main ring – a speed of about 11,000 revolutions per second.

Umm so science got matter to 0.999999991c how much closer would you like them to get?

Oh I know a bunch of protons is not matter under goat god theory is it ... how silly of me.

Originally Posted By: paul
charlatans who imposed their will upon the population of the Earth through fake science.

Imposed???? We don't care what idiot layman believe they can go worship goat gods for all we care ... oh waitsmile

That is the funny thing about science there are very few numbers that actually believe some of the stuff at the cutting edges and it still gets money for the research I wonder why that is smile

See science doesn't impose anything their will on the population we leave that to religion smile

The population of earth funds science freely because they want more weapons, more discoveries, more toys, more money.

That's the bit you struggle with Paul science really doesn't give a rats what you think because we get funding not based on popularity but on results and we don't need your belief smile

That is why your war of science against religion is so funny, it's a fight you can't win and you haven't even realized that. Perhaps you would like to start a movement in the USA to ban science you have a large number of religious people there supposedly. Come on if you really believe your garbage start it. See that Paul is called contempt smile

Ahh the smell of the first flame war of the year, I live for it.

Last edited by Orac; 01/15/14 01:39 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.