Originally Posted By: Orac

The difference is in the West you may sneer or frown on ego but you don't get killed or locked up for it.

You don't describe ego, but rather political fanaticism. Which is a belief/religion. Something Ego creates and perpetuates.

You seem a bit consumed by your past. Also something ego does. Focuses on the past rather than the present moment.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

You mean to put on a face. Doesn't hide stupidity, fear or superstition. whistle

Face is an Eastern/Asian thing but you at least understanding that cultures have different ways they view things.

Putting on a face or pretense is ego and it applies to all humans not just Asia. Dividing humans into cultural variants is also ego.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

Must've been an influence in your life. There seems to be an agreement of your personal views and what you describe as the views of the party.

Most peoples upbringing has an influence on them and I am not special in that regard. What I have had is the opportunity to live and work under both systems and there are plus and minuses for both.

Influence or programming is the essence of the subjective ego. It does not have an objective viewpoint because it, in and of itself is not consciousness nor does it have free will.
The human consciousness either engages the ego as its servant or becomes enslaved by its definitions and programs.

Which system do I prefer definitely the Western capitalism but the system is not without flaws especially religion which seems to get intertwined in it all.

Religion is belief. It is created by the ego. It (belief) permeates all actions of the waking state individual, no matter what the cultural background or political interests, or trade, or hobby.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!