Originally Posted By: paul

the video shows that we need both sides of the
story in order to think critically.

or we can just blindly trust our textbooks that our
teachers must teach from.

If that is your view then why should I blindly believe a religion and which do I choose?

Yours, Rev K's, islam there are so many I need to critically evaluate them which is what most religions forbid or get nervous around.

we can start suing the pants off of those who
print textbooks with intentional misinformation in them.

we can start suing the schools who teach our children
these known misinformation's using these known textbooks.

You could sue if you could PROVE the abovesmile

See thats whats funny you are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing making unproven claims.

we just aren't as gullible as we were anymore , you can call
it evolution if you choose.

we are evolving to understand that evolution is a lie.

So you believe this then get someone to publish a falsification it isn't difficult and it is how science settles arguments.

As I said before science is not a democracy we don't care what "people think" we don't give people votes on science get over it.

If you can convince others to move and lets say ban teaching of evolution in school in USA then USA simply ceases to teach science it's that simple to science.

Let me reverse the argument for you, if USA passed a law to say that it was okay to murder people could you ever accept it? You know the answer ... no because it is against your commandments.

If you want to argue that science should be taught better then I am in agreement, if you are trying to vote that "evolution" should not be taught as science then you are wrong to me.

That was my issue with your speaker he spent alot of time dealing with problems with teaching and education and then instead of reaching the obvious conclusion we need to teach science better he reached a conclusion science was wrong and god and genesis was right .... and I went woah where the hell did that crap come from. I did get an enormous laugh at the last 20 seconds about a talk on critical thinking in education that was classic irony.

Last edited by Orac; 01/02/13 02:40 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.