Originally Posted By: paul
Im thinking that the boulders should be all over the place as there was a glacier that passed that way before and as the glacier retreated the boulders were deposited.

Glaciers were a common source of boulders in unlikely places, but in this case the boulders were buried in clay sediments that apparently were not glacial deposits. They were also apparently the only boulders and they were mixed with the mammoth bones. If the boulders had been deposited by glaciers the glaciers would have messed up the bones. The excavators said that they couldn't think of any good geological explanation for he presence of the boulders. Other investigators may be able to come up with other explanations than having the bones placed by 40 KYA humans, but as far as I know nobody has come up with a good explanation.

And of course I am still holding judgement. The dating of the bones may turn out to be wrong, or some other explanation may come up. I'm certainly not ready to accept that it is correct just because one team thinks it is.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.