Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Warren, I offer the following just as a guess:
The poet who wrote Genesis 1:2 put it this way: "The earth (cosmos) was without form and desolate. The raging ocean (chaos) that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the power of God (consciousness) was moving over the face of the waters."

That would be a wild guess. If you were to look into the Eastern Philosophies of Consciousness which gave birth to the Western Teachings you might guess this a bit differently.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

In the experience of Stillness or Consciousness stilled it appears to be as a void. When Consciousness moves it seemingly creates a ripple effect upon the cosmic waters (Something like ether) which gives a reflection of the movement. The symbolism used is that Consciousness is like an vast ocean and in its depths it becomes still and is full at the same time. On the surface of the ocean are waves or ripples created by surface action or consciousness rising from its still state into activity.

In other words, "Because there was no consciousness, as we know it, to give meaning and purpose, all that existed was darkness and chaos. Then the collective WE, which I call GOD--as inherent Goodness, Order and Design in, through and around all that is--became the immaterial point of light in the darkness and chaos and began the process which we call evolution (unfolding) into material form.

This idea would be in conflict with Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Consciousness (What Man is a reflection of as in the image of God) has always been, is, and always will be and the creator of experiences that have beginnings and endings.

In the fullness of time GOD evolved into what scientists call the primordial ball, which is estimated to have been about 30 times the size of the sun. It was so compact that it contained all the matter now in the universe.

Scientists will soon discover universes within universes giving birth to more universes. Evolution being a concept of relative realities contained with time and space, also known as beginnings and endings or the alpha and omega.

Fifteen or twenty billion years ago the ball "exploded"--the BIG Bang--as a blast of matter and light and it began the process of expanding and becoming what we call the galaxies, stars, planets, etc., of which we are now aware.

At this point, earth is the only planet that we know for sure has life on it, including we human beings. It began this process about two billion years ago.
There are records that exist stating that man has been around since the beginning of time and are not native to the construction of the earth. Of course they don't fit within the boundaries of current science and technology and so would not seem relevant or important to Science at this point in time.

Stay tuned. And feel free to add your own guesses.

I find a certain satisfaction in experiencing Consciousness as it is described in scripture rather than making assumptions that lead to changing belief and opinion. I think the Church (Religion) has made its fair share of assumptions without actually diving into the reality of what Scripture describes or what The Teacher taught his disciples from in his own experience leading to the transcripts of information passed from the Teacher to the Student.
Whether Jesus or Buddha or whatever Master who shared from his own experiences in any past it has always been the downfall of any oral tradition to seek understanding outside of the classroom by making assumptions regarding snippets of the conversations and classroom experiences that took place between the master and his or her disciple.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!