Originally Posted By: Warren
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
...Consciousness, or awareness--that is, yours, others, and mine--is what, in my opinion, creates what is.

You're not saying that nothing existed before conscious beings came along, are you?
Warren, I offer the following just as a guess:
The poet who wrote Genesis 1:2 put it this way: "The earth (cosmos) was without form and desolate. The raging ocean (chaos) that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the power of God (consciousness) was moving over the face of the waters."

In other words, "Because there was no consciousness, as we know it, to give meaning and purpose, all that existed was darkness and chaos. Then the collective WE, which I call GOD--as inherent Goodness, Order and Design in, through and around all that is--became the immaterial point of light in the darkness and chaos and began the process which we call evolution (unfolding) into material form.

In the fullness of time GOD evolved into what scientists call the primordial ball, which is estimated to have been about 30 times the size of the sun. It was so compact that it contained all the matter now in the universe.

Fifteen or twenty billion years ago the ball "exploded"--the BIG Bang--as a blast of matter and light and it began the process of expanding and becoming what we call the galaxies, stars, planets, etc., of which we are now aware.

At this point, earth is the only planet that we know for sure has life on it, including we human beings. It began this process about two billion years ago.

Stay tuned. And feel free to add your own guesses.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org