Originally Posted By: coberst
Tutor

We humans are meaning creating creatures. We have competed with nature from the moment that we found our ego.

The nature of humanity is that it reflects the nature of reality. It cannot compete since it is part of reality. It can only reflect nature.
Our competition has been with the outer world of nature and with the inner world that nature has given us.

The outer is a reflection of the inner. We seem to compete only when we believe the outer is separate from the inner but that is the illusion of the ego.

We humans have created a technology removed from nature and one that I suspect will soon destroy our self and perhaps much of natural life on this planet.

You seem to isolate nature to the surface appearances of this planet rather than the mechanics of the universe. If we destroy this planet humanity will continue somewhere else. That is the nature of the universe and the reflection of consciousness in human form.

I am convinced that if we do not quickly become sophisticated enough to recognize our problem we and perhaps all of life on this planet will become toast.
It wouldn't be the first time human evolution included self destruction, or the destruction of an entire planet.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!