Originally Posted By: Ellis
Rev asks ......."why do atheists even mention that they are atheists?"

Usually because people who believe in god ask them!!

==================================================
Ellis, let's continue to have some fun and let's talk about pink elephants.

Ellis, I can imagine a pink elephant. Most people can. Can you?

As an artist, I can even draw and paint one for you. If I got drunk enough, I could probably see many pink elephants laugh

But would this make anyone "believe" and trust that pink elephants are real elephants? Not me! I am an apinkelephanist. And, I trust, so are you.

Michaelangelo imagined God, and he drew a picture of Him--the kind of god probably he and the majority of the people of his day believed in. I love his art, But again I say: This would not make me believe there is a real god-person behind the picture. I am an apicturist. Are you?

Total reality which I call G0D--note the acronym--is a far greater phenomenon than any human can capture with the puny human imagination. This is why I use the acronym.

So atheists: use your imaginations and draw and/or describe for for us the kind of image you "think" of when you hear the word gods, or God. I am almost certain that I will be happy to join you and put an 'a'--the Greek for not--in front of it.

What I will not do is join you if say 'a' to that which is total, universal and all-encompassing reality--for which I use the short form G0D.

I cannot accept that nature is nothing more than a total and meaningless illusion; that one day, we human beings--temporary accidental freaks of nature--along with the totality of nature, are headed for oblivion and the abyss of nothingness.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org