Eccles, what is your science?

"A parallel could be drawn with the theoretical basis for "psychoanalysis" given that there as as many "cures" by parish priests as there are by "analysts"." Interesting comment. I call what I do "pneuma-analysis". Using what I--probably acting as a kind of "witchdoctor"--call "pneumatherapy" did things for people which led them to wholeness of spirit and mind and often to wholeness of body. I am still involved doing pneumatherapy.

Have you read THE MIND GAME--Witchdoctors and psychiatrists (1972), by the psychiatrist E. Fuller Torrey--National Institute of mental Health (USA). Based on personal research he and others have done, in parts of the world where there are very few western-trained psychiatrists--in some areas there are none--just witchdoctors or shamans, he concludes that they often get better results than we do in the west.

In the concluding pages of his book Torrey calls psychotherapy the "second oldest profession". An advocate of professional humility he calls on us to drop our western arrogance and open our minds to new ways of thinking and getting things done.

BTW, eccles, what is your theology?

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/17/09 02:54 PM. Reason: So as to communicate

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org