Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
"Everything is connected and alive regardless of opinion."
Assertions are not evidence. "Everything is alive???" This is belief - religion, but you're frankly not educated sufficiently to know you're full of crap.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

Actually was referencing string theory...I can understand if you didn't recognize the inference.

String theory says that everything is alive? Who in string theory says that? Leonard Susskind? Brian Greene?
Or is it some great scientific genius like Deepak Chopra?

"Blind enthusiasm without any conscience or insight to the repercussions of choice."

Assertions are not evidence. Real scientists don't advocate blind enthusiasm without conscience or insight - particularly when the "conscience" you and your ilk advocate is imaginary.

Real scientists write on chat rooms and post on YouTube debating the negatives of false science because he must to maintain his integrity?

Not to maintain *his* scientific integrity, but to maintain the integrity of science. The idea of intellectual integrity must be utterly alien to you.

"Not exactly a scientific approach. but then......."
As if you had the faintest idea what constitutes a "scientific approach."

... I've never met someone who would go to such lengths to try and denigrate someone who won't bend over and openly take a penile implant full of opinion with such a vehemence.

Taking you to task for spouting pompous nonsense to a science group is not "denigrating" you. I heard a joke the other day about not playing chess with chimpanzees - they knock over the pieces, fling poo all over, and then run back to their cohort to scream victory.

You seem to think that any requirement placed on science is an effort to hold back knowledge. Science has been successful for a reason - because it filters the wheat from the chaff, it distinguishing what is knowable (either directly or inferentially) with its methods from what is not. Science is not a world unto itself - there ARE other realms of "knowledge," but they aren't science. It's not because *I* say so - it's because that's what science is.

Now people who want to pretend to do science can spout silly stuff for weeks on end, but that doesn't make what they're saying science - just as they can fling poo and knock the pieces over, but they're not playing chess.

Last edited by TheFallibleFiend; 05/21/09 01:11 PM.