Ellis

Quote:
Would the Black Sea have been landlocked at this time?

the straights of gibraltar have either closed or the earth rose there or the sea levels have lowered enought for the feedwaters from the atlantic to have stopped , this has caused the entire mediteranian to basically dry up three times in the past the last time 5 million years ago , I would think that the black sea along with the sea of azov would have also dried up durring these periods , unless they were fed by glacial melting from the north.

Quote:
"Garden of Eden" supposition is rubbish.

I have been trying to find some way to place the river pison
which is the first (named) river mentioned in Genesis , which would need to have the highest elevation of the 4 rivers mentioned , the main river (not named )having the higest elevation of the five rivers mentioned , as the main (not named) river flows from Eden into and through the Garden of Eden to water the plants and somewhere beyond the Garden of Eden the river divides into 4 heads.

Quote:
And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
(Genesis 2:10-14 KJV)

so this point would put the Garden of Eden between the source of the main (not named) river and the point where the river divides
into 4 heads (or rivers).

here is something interesting I thought of today.

the euphrates begins just above the persian gulf !

pison , persian !

and I found this site that thinks along the same lines.
http://www.kjvbible.org/rivers_of_the_garden_of_eden.html

hopefully you have read the web page already.

this would put the age of Eden and the Garden of Eden way beyond what many think it to be because if the source of the main (not named)river is high in the zagros mountains then this would mean that the persian gulf would have been much narrower at the time possibly sized more like a river , and would sudgest a timeline in millions of years as I have been thinking.

I do not agree that the river pison is where the web site places it , because I think the river pison is actually the persian gulf itself.

anyway this would put Eden and the Garden of Eden somewhere above the point where the main (not named) river branches off and forms the pison ( persian gulf / river if correct) river , and the source would have to be rainfall or ice melt from the mountains.

but it hadnt rained yet !

and of course there is still the river gihon to find , unless it is the river pison described on the web site.

but its time consumming and gives me something to do , so why not.

why were you asking about the black sea?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.