Paul;
When I first responded to one of your posts, it was in reaction to statements like “stupid smart people”, “yup. scientists are paid to deceive.” and other inanities. When I realized you were not malicious and in fact quite sincere, I apologized for my tone and resolved not to make fun of you by pointing out your severe mangling of words and sentence structures. I’m not the type that likes to visit Bedlam and poke the loonies with a stick. I do, however like to poke the malevolent bullies with a stick so , occasionally, I make a mistake.

As I said, I apologized for my mistake. That doesn’t mean I will accept your tired, weak and overused excuse that if I disagree with you, it’s because I don’t understand you. What’s so hard to understand about “scientists are paid to deceive”? On a public forum, statements like that are fair game whether you are a loony, malevolent bully or just terribly misinformed.

So… in deference to your apparent sincerity. I will cease to comment on your word usage, spelling and grammar. I will even cease to comment on your fractured understanding of earth science. But, when I see inane statements regarding the evil intentions of scientists, I may not be able to resist a quick riposte. Fair enough?

Happy New Year. smile

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman