Originally Posted By: paul
well its winter in the artic but its summer in the antartic...

the increased coolness is due to the melting of the ice on the antartic , every winter should be colder from now on until something happens...every summer should be warmer until something happens... as I said before a sleeping bag will
probably be a great investment this winter.

I believe the so-called tipping point has tipped and is now
in the domino stage , the something that happens will be
volcanic action such as a caldera that will send the earth into
the next ice age ...

maybe the "smart scientist" should look for some sand to hide their heads in.

--- stupid smart people ---

yep...they got paid to lie and decieve.

After a career of 40 years in geophysical data acquisition, transcription and processing, I find your pronouncements breath-taking. Where do you get this information? I'm curious because in that 40 years, I never knew any of the hundreds of scientists I worked with to ever get paid to lie and deceive. (Assuming that's what you meant by "decieve") About the worst I ever knew about was a few who tried to pad their travel expenses. And I doubt that's unique to geophysicists or any other scientists. I happen to know a welder who got busted for it.

You seem to see things as "them" versus "us". We are all "us". You walk past scientists all the time. Men and women who live in the same subdivision or down the road. Men and women who raise families, attend church regularly, donate to charities, attend PTA and their children's school activities. To take a huge swipe at a segment of our culture that you obviously can't even distinguish accurately is hysterical. (Not the funny connotation but the clinical.) Your causal speculations are over-the-top in ignorance and your prognosis is without the slightest basis in fact. Can you supply some verification that volcanoes are triggered by cold weather, or whatever it is that you believe will cause these "caldera" to bring about another ice age? Can you specify what information gives you the idea that we have reached the "tipping point"?

Warmer summers and colder winters - until "something" happens? My goodness, you've revolutionized geophysics... and all its disciplines.

One would think that as a sagacious prognosticator, you'd take a second or two to click on spell-check. It would lend some credibility to that "something happens" prediction.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman