Originally Posted By: Tim
Hum, I would agree with some of what soilguy was saying in this post, and some of what RareBit had to say. But Soilguy and those disagreeing with RareBit, are you being narrow and dogmatic in your approach to rationality and the universe and your vire of creation/evolution?

Tim,

If someone would like to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of any scientific theory, they should address specifics about the theory. They should also either demonstrate some knowledge of the theory, or ask questions about the specifics they don't understand.

When you say that fundamentalists have studied the theory, I doubt that group of fundamentalists includes Rarebit, since he posted other people's work, without any commentary of his/her own.

I am all in favor of skepticism. I am all in favor of questioning authority. But scientific matters do not "win" or "lose" based on empty rhetoric. Science is not a court of law, where a jury of laymen have the final word.

I ask the following question to anyone who wishes to discuss this theory with me:

What evidence would it take for you to accept evolution as the best explanation we have for the species diversity we see in the world, given the volumes of factual information that must be addressed by the theory? And what evidence would it take for a creationist to change his/her mind about the Genesis creation story being literal truth?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis