Hum, I would agree with some of what soilguy was saying in this post, and some of what RareBit had to say. But Soilguy and those disagreeing with RareBit, are you being narrow and dogmatic in your approach to rationality and the universe and your vire of creation/evolution? It is the fundamentalists being acussed of dogmatics and cyncism, but who is charging them of that?
I say this now as from (i think) an unbiased point of view, not being a creationist, or an evolutionist, nor an Intelligent Design-ist. Perhaps we do not know the unfolding of evolution or creation, because it has chronicled millions of years before we appeared. We can make hypotheses, however, and theories, but must not hate nor accuse another of not being "rational" in his or her approach. For in fact, they are thinking, as their drawn-out "evidences" (or lack thereof) suggests many hours studying. And the word science does come from a Latin word meaning, "to know, to discern". I hope that I am not being cynical or dogmatic in my approach, but warn me if I am.