Oh Wolfie---that WAS the scenery. There's just no mountains. And admit it, you'd never seen anything like it, had you?

Scary, spirited outback moments are the stuff of dinner party conversations here in Oz. My own personal favourite true story took place in a small town (hot and dusty, actually very hot and very dusty). Exhausted by the day's driving in the heat we crawled into the pub, ordered a beer and sat, politely, next to a typical outback character. We must have pleased him because he gave us a greeting and a huge grin, revealing a mouth full of teeth, everyone of which was made from a glittering opal. We must have looked quite impressed as he then removed them from his jaws so that we could admire them more closely!!

We did,smiling, as I am sure you would have too!!

OK -a bit of Science-UMMM- opals are the only organic gem- jewel- whatever (I think)? I know they contain water- at least I think they do.

REDE
re dogma.. dict def---"body of doctrines formally and authoratively stated by a church,"

thus you may be dogmatic but you can only quote dogma agreed to by other people, who are in authority and are the rule makers.