CB:"I read from W point contact / insulator /Ni base diode papers that ~0.7 nm was the outer limit for tunneling so the C60 1.2 nm D spacing would be adiquate but close. The C60 is a shottkey diode anode where a high work function material will accept electrons."

First of all, it is a Shottky diode, not shotkey. And those arguments you read for the W/D/Ni do not necessarily apply in the case of your configuration. Do not confuse a layer of insulator wit a monolayer of C60. Monolayers behave very differently than layers. In the cse of the monolayer, for example, you will not have a gap in the C60 (you needa C60 layer for the existence of such a gap), you will only have states introduced by the C60 in the BV/BC of the InSb substrate, and a slight modification of the band structure in C60. So traditional diode theory on your device is lost, it won't work that way.

CB:"Yes, a monolayer of widely dispersed C60s is needed".

Well, then you must apply for a grant that is at the very least one order of magnitude larger than what you have in mind.

CB:"Each diode as an electronic component has kTB watts of random power at its disposal. Such a diode is a nonlinear resistor with a direct associaton between conductivity and the instantanious distribution of the electrons in the semiconductor which set up a depletion zone of varying size and well defined stratification in juxtaposition to a conductive zone. When the electrons move towards the anode, conductivity increases: when they withdraw, resistivity increases. The insides of the diodes can change even if the outer extremities of all the diodes are tied together in massive parallel. I have
provided mental images of these features and processes elsewhere."

As I said, spare me the mental images, WMD on a pizza slice and such. Try to explain the physical phenomenology.

Above you have only described the equilibrium of a standard MOS device, which is nothing new. This (fluctutions that is))does not yield you any net current, regardles of the impedance of the diode. So, how does one of your diodes work to transform surrounding heat into current?

CB:"dcarnahan@nano-lab.com at www.nano-lab.com was investigating prototyping the diode array."

I found no useful info on that site, sorry.

CB:"They went so far as to borrow the use of spincasting machines. They were working on the clumping problem."

Spincasting of C60? you must be kidding. And those fellows definitely have not too much of an idea about C60 deposition.

First of all, C60 is a rather insoluble matrial.

Second of all, even if you dissolve it in something (usually a polar solvent), it behaves like a colloid and will automatically coalesce in solution. I could have told you that before even attempting to spincast films.

Third of all, good luck with obtaining a monolayer of C60 by spinning. That will be a stupid waste of research money.

Fourth of all, the clumping I was talking about is present in the layer, after the deposition, and not in the gel.

Fifth of all, even if you make a monolayer of C60, the metal deposition for the upper electrode will short out your C60 monolayer.Think about how you can tightly pack speres on s asurface, and how metal atoms will get in the deposition process into the empty spaces resulting from the packing od the C60 spheres. You might want to look at more than one monolayer of C60.

CB:"I think that they didn't like how excited I was getting about the diode array comming out."

Optimism is good, enthusiasm is good. Pestering though, can become annoying. it would have pissed me off too.

CB: "Clumping should be easy to solve in a 1/10% solution."

Good luck with that!

No offense, but I suggest you read more about the physics of a diode/MOS device, C60, deposition techniques and similar. Up to this moment, you have disregarded elementary phenomenology in a device like yours, and applied to it theory that just doesn't work that way in your particular case. You would have an extremely hard time convincing me to invest in your ideea.