Pasti:

Thanks for the details of your concerns. I read from W point contact / insulator /Ni base diode papers that ~0.7 nm was the outer limit for tunneling so the C60 1.2 nm D spacing would be adiquate but close. The C60 is a shottkey diode anode where a high work function material will accept electrons.

Yes, a monolayer of widely dispersed C60s is needed.

Each diode as an electronic component has kTB watts of random power at its disposal. Such a diode is a nonlinear resistor with a direct associaton between conductivity and the instantanious distribution of the electrons in the semiconductor which set up a depletion zone of varying size and well defined stratification in juxtaposition to a conductive zone. When the electrons move towards the anode, conductivity increases: when they withdraw, resistivity increases. The insides of the diodes can change even if the outer extremities of all the diodes are tied together in massive parallel. I have
provided mental images of these features and processes elsewhere.

dcarnahan@nano-lab.com at www.nano-lab.com was investigating prototyping the diode array. They went so far as to borrow the use of spincasting machines. They were working on the clumping problem. I think that they didn't like how excited I was getting about the diode array comming out.

Clumping should be easy to solve in a 1/10% solution.

Aloha, Charlie