Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6950 05/18/06 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"WESTERN Native American tribes believed that California condors were sacred beings, capable of supernatural powers. Maybe they were on to something. Monday's sighting of a nesting condor pair in Big Sur is nothing short of miraculous."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/30/EDGU9GJGAQ1.DTL

Keeping track of these condors is likely to be a big job for some ornithologists. How about we back off and let these magnificent bird breed in peace?

#6951 05/18/06 02:32 AM
I
I
I think monitoring is definitely called for given the fragility of the species. Somehow I think this Herculean task is one ornithologists will relish.

Great news, by the way.

#6952 05/21/06 09:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps they'll have to draw lots to see who gets to monitor the condors? It would be nice if there were that much interest in them. I hope they don't end up disturbing the birds too much. I wouldn't want to have a bunch of prying eyes looking into my nest, if I were them.

#6953 06/23/06 09:59 PM
K
K
This is wonderful news, there have been reports of other species coming back from the brink as well. Something i hope everyone in the world will take note of and learn from our past mistakes as well as your future ones that are being made now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.