Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
WHAT do women want from a man? In the past, surveys have overwhelmingly shown that women want a rich man, and men want a good-looking woman. While not much has changed for men, as women's financial independence has increased, it seems that their preferences have changed.

Fhionna Moore and colleagues at the University of St Andrews, UK, analysed questionnaires from 1851 heterosexual women between the ages of 18 and 35. They found that as a woman's level of "resource control" increases - in other words as they become more financially independent - so does their preference for physical attractiveness in potential partners.

Women who had low levels of control over their cash rated the financial status of a man over his looks. Those with a decent source of income rated physical attractiveness more highly. The study will appear in Evolution and Human Behavior.

Source:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19025465.600-why-women-are-changing-their-minds-about-men.html

On the other hand good looks don't make up for not remembering to put the toilet seat down or leaving dirty dishes in the sink.

DA Morgan
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
A young woman seeks to breed with the biggest, most aggressive, hairiest, loudest, smelliest SOB she can find - hence the recreational joys of being a beer-gutted Hell's Angel. After conception she wants to stably nest and so marries an accountant. A couple of years later she wants to breed again, and goes out for another Hell's Angel.

Put her instead into a position of economic diminance and she goes looking for a trophy wife.

The third case is Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver. One is giddy with anticipation for what their spawn will mature into physically, mentally, and criminally. Uncle Al would have bred Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
C
C
I have never wanted to breed with anyone who was big, aggressive, and especially not hairy.

I prefer brains to brawns, thanks for the great sterotyping again Al.

U
Superstar
Superstar
U
ANOVA!

You can't argue against that.

Uncle Al
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaoslillith:
I have never wanted to breed with anyone who was big, aggressive, and especially not hairy.

I prefer brains to brawns, thanks for the great sterotyping again Al.
I think Uncle Al was just projecting. Perhaps he wants to breed with someone big, harry and aggressive.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Where's your charity? Misogynist's need love too.

DA Morgan
Y
y Offline
Y
So whatever happend to that old 'good sense of humour' chestnut, was it dis-proven while I slept.

y
Sense of humor has worked for me!

Also, the bad boy thing is relative. The science-nerd gals thought that I was a bad boy! And I was, by comparison to the pointy-headed, pencil-necked geeks they hung out with! wink

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
S
S
Social status in modern world replaced important characteristics such as physical strength and ability to survive, but considering that now wealthy doesn?t necessarily mean "smart nor strong" we still want to give our children good genes.

Physical appearance plays huge role in choosing of a partner for most of animals. For many is crutial

So what do we want from man?
Same thing as always: to secure bringing up of our children and pass on good genes.

And as a matter of discussion: I personally don?t know any girl/woman who likes big, hairy man.
Another thing is big ***** wink

D
D
No one knows what they want anymore. But it's likely to be what they can't have. If financially independent women do want a handsome man, then financially dependent men want a rich woman. It's logical, but how did it come about. It only works in a highly organised society. We surrender everything for financial security, we change our sexual perferences even in the sence that we can do it with anyone. We've become non sexual. Almost as we imagined aliens would be, we're already approaching that stage. But I see little enthusiasm for forging ahead, maybe it will crumble like the great experiment of the Soviet Union. The conflict between east and west is fought with little enthusiasm by the west. I think we might have to start all over again, more slowly and carefully. If we're going to give up our sexuality it could only be for some amazing dream.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Dogrock wrote:
"No one knows what they want anymore"

Just wild speculation ... but I would suspect they would want men that didn't insult them with statements such as the one you wrote.

Try:
1. Putting down the toilet seat
2. Taking out the trash without being asked
3. Sending flowers when they are not expected
4. Paying attention to spoken and unspoken communications

Pretty much the stuff comedienes have been using with female audiences when men are the butt of their jokes.

DA Morgan
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060619/full/060619-3.html
"Friedler came up with a comedy chef character who offered the women steak and chocolate cake. 'A clown with a red nose is fine for children, but we had to invent a new character for these adult women,' he reflects."

That was Nature, as in first published 04 November 1869, ISSN 0028-0836. Uncle Al would have gone for Manolo Blahnik boxes.

On a less humoorus note, women want to get pregnant,

http://www.teenpregnancy.org/america/statisticsDisplay.asp?ID=3&sID=18
Where is your personal and collective outrage over Federal prohibition of subsidized contraception, prohibition of OTC emergency contraception, and prohibition of abortion on demand? Sustained 10-14% of all teenage females are unwed pregnant.

Uncle Al
P
P
to begin wth, women wd also prefer a good looking guy bt since demand far exceeds supply, then 'financial security' sounds more appealing... bt in the end nothing really matters more than compatibility...rest is all commentry...

peace

J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
On the other hand good looks don't make up for not remembering to put the toilet seat down or leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
Why do women not leave the toilet seat up for us laugh ?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
to quote a friend i used to share an apartment with, "the vote for it down includes both men and women, while the vote for it up is only them men, there for its two to one for it being down." perhaps one day ill understand womans logic.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
P
P
Perhaps one day i'll understand women's logic

thats the spirit...

peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
For a number of years I lived in a house full of women. By always putting the seat back down, I knew whenever another guy had been in the house. (My daughters never figured out how I knew.)

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Women want what they are taught, bred and told to want. There is a vast majority of women who don't go by the so-called rules of Biology. Science has made a blatant attempt to misidentify and misunderstand womankind in general for a long, long time. You don't have to be a feminist to see this...just be a woman. Try walking into a Doctor's office and being told, "We don't have a clue what's up with your body...but we can poke around and see what happens..."
It's been like this for a while now and the more and more girls who want to become music video vixens and the less girls want to make a difference and make an effort to bring the understanding of what a WOMAN is, to the forefront, then the more we will see dumb studies like this.

P
P
why dont women leave toilet seat up fr us

well if its all abt toilet seat then why not practice using the other kind ( indian pan )click only if you don't knw wht it looks like otherwise ignore the link.

..no hassle of seat position...will also be good fr the joints!

peace smile

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Well Rose and Kate, and the balance of your gender, I extend to you my sympathy after reading this nonsense: Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

And they wonder why woman, having a taste of financial self-sufficiency, don't want them any more. What a bunch of losers.

Advice to the guys: Buy a lot more video games. Expect to be spending a lot of time alone.

DA Morgan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.