Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48345 03/19/13 01:50 AM
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
There is an article in Phys.Org:The Higgs boson looks just like Marc Sher said it would. Now what?. Mark Sher, who has been researching the Higgs for many years is kind of unhappy with the one they found. It seems that he was hoping for something more complex, so they would have a jumping off place for new physics. He does say that there is still plenty of research to do, he just wishes the Higgs had been more complex than it is.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
"It turns out that the Higgs boson looks exactly like Marc Sher always said it would, and now he's a little bummed."

Does this say something about everything?
Seem to remember something about the observer having an affect on the observed.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
David Albert, a professor at the Columbia University physics department, who appeared in the film "What the Bleep Do We Know", says of his contribution, (http://www.salon.com/2004/09/16/bleep_2/) :

"....I was edited in such a way as to completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great length, on camera, to the producers of the film … Had I known that I would have been so radically misrepresented in the movie, I would certainly not have agreed to be filmed."

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.