Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Bill Too bad we found the Higgs - 03/19/13 01:50 AM
There is an article in Phys.Org:The Higgs boson looks just like Marc Sher said it would. Now what?. Mark Sher, who has been researching the Higgs for many years is kind of unhappy with the one they found. It seems that he was hoping for something more complex, so they would have a jumping off place for new physics. He does say that there is still plenty of research to do, he just wishes the Higgs had been more complex than it is.

Bill Gill
Posted By: Tutor Turtle Re: Too bad we found the Higgs - 03/19/13 03:38 PM
"It turns out that the Higgs boson looks exactly like Marc Sher always said it would, and now he's a little bummed."

Does this say something about everything?
Seem to remember something about the observer having an affect on the observed.
Posted By: Bill S. Re: Too bad we found the Higgs - 03/20/13 12:18 AM
David Albert, a professor at the Columbia University physics department, who appeared in the film "What the Bleep Do We Know", says of his contribution, (http://www.salon.com/2004/09/16/bleep_2/) :

"....I was edited in such a way as to completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great length, on camera, to the producers of the film … Had I known that I would have been so radically misrepresented in the movie, I would certainly not have agreed to be filmed."
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums