G'day Dan,

Actual Citations Answered

So the four specific references were not a "single citation". How are these then?

Evidence Contradicting Glacial Retreat as Man Made, Part of Global Warming Etc
1:
T Molg, DR Hardy and G Kaser
Solar-radiation-maintained glacier recession on Kilimanjaro ...

2:
Kaser et al
Modern Glacier Retreat on Kilimanjaro as Evidence of Climate Change: Observations and Facts
Internation Journal of Climatology

Very Bad Science Examples - Glaciers

3:
Thompson et al
Tropical Glacier and Ice Core Evidence of Climate Change on Annual to Millennial Time Scales

More Ice Cores
4:
Ramirez et al
A New Andean Deep Ice Core from Nevado Illimani (6350m), Boliva
Earth and Planetary Science Lettters

Attack on Consensus View on Global Warming
Another Example of Very Bad Methodology

N Oreskes
The scientific consensus on climate change
Science

A direct contradiction to Ms Oreskes' research can be found at:
http://www.staff.livjm.ac.uk/spsbpeis/Scienceletter.htm
It is also an example of what happens in major scientific journals. Science published the Oreskes findings but refused to publish this, despite the credentials of the author and the reasonable research. I did some research on this as well and found 1,600 papers not 982 relating to climate change and fairly quickly found more than 40 that questioned whether climate change was even real (you get a different result depending on just how the search is structured. 'global warming' gets a much bigger number, 'global climate change' the smallest. Even repeating the search will give slightly different numbers). Hmmm. But don't believe me, read the above reference.

Comment
Phew! This is hard work. Digging up specific research and providing citations is not as easy as doing a Google search.

How about responding to any one of these, Dan? Or you pick a topic and I'll cite research relating to it specifically. The only one that is a waste of time is accuracy of data or flaws in the GHCN data set or any of the other major data sets. This just has not been adequately addressed, hence my current interest. But this problems with data sets are pointed out on the NASA site as well as many other sites. They are not difficult to track down, if you wish to.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness