Quote:
Originally posted by terrytnewzealand:
Mike, are you saying the various races, or colours, of humans have been on each separate continent since Gondwanaland broke up? We've been around for more than sixty five million years? Extremely unlikely.

There are many genetic markers of migrating populations besides the ones mentioned in your original posting. Regarding American Indians not being a hybrid population try this site:

Karafet et al (1999) Ancestral Asian Source(s) of New World Y-chromosome Founder Haplotypes. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 64: 817-831.
http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJHG/jo...6940161261Guest

Y-chromosome from Central Asia, Mitochondrial DNA from further south: Mongolia, Tibet China and Korea.

Re horses: It's my understanding that horses actually evolved in North America, moved out from about three million years ago and then were exterminated in North America by the ancestors of the American Indians. Monkeys seem to have become isolated in South America when that continent split from Africa near the end of the Cretaceous.
Re Gondwalaland, I tried to imply that HAD man been around at that time, we would almost certainly be very mixed by now.

I think it will ultimately be found that H.erectus as presently labelled in China, could well be totally different geneticaly from H. erectus as presently named, and found in Africa.
We dont have nearly enough factual information yet, either way. H, erectus being a catch name for early hominids. I expect there may be better genetical divisions in the future? Which would verify Darwinianism?
If not,.....mans ancient ancestry will remain a mystery.

Do you maintain that the pre-American Red Indians
exterminated the horse? Prehistoric horses were dog size, quite small.
I have always understood that neither horses nor apes ever developed in the Americas. Since neither ever crossed into the American continent, dependant on what you believe?
Interestingly, Dinosaurus have been found in all Seven Continents.
Monkeys? I should have said Apes, they came later than monkeys. Nevertheless New World monkeys are somewhat diff from African monkeys, are a lot smaller and have more teeth. 38 as against 32, I think.

I will read your added URL's with interest later,.....short on time at the moment.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.