Quote:
Originally posted by terrytnewzealand:
dannysmyname, I've finally found the article on speciation between humans and chimps. It's:

http://www.haverford.edu/KINSC/06Journal/nature04789.pdf#search=%22genetic%20evidence%20for%20complex%20speciation%20of%20humans%20and%20chimpanzees%22

How's that for a long one? Seems that particular speciation event involved several periods of separation followed by hybridization. I suspect all human species from H. erectus on have been capable of breeding together, ie all one species. It's just that we humans like to believe we are special, much different to those species that show connections to apes. The gradualness of our evolution has been downplayed. There must be some sudden change that means we're superior to mere animals.
There must have been a SUDDEN change?
You mean from Apes to Man? Impossible
But you are trying hard, Terry, or is it Danny?
Let me show you some facts. Which taken together are difficult to reconcile.

A few of you may remember me talking about my personal theory, which I first proposed some years ago.
Lets just forget about Race and Religion for a moment. And just talk about Color. The undisputable separate colours of mankind.

Lets name them:- WHITE, BLACK, BROWN, YELLOW, RED. LIGHT BROWN and ABORIGINE (aborigines are not Negro)
Thats it, thats all, ...those colors are fact!
Now imagine, can you, that the Aeroplane or Boat had never ever been invented!!
Then to this day those Seven different Colors of Man would still be living in their OWN CONTINENTS!!
What I hear you say?
Yes thats right...The SEVEN colors of MAN would only be FOUND in their own, SEVEN Continents
Thats SEVEN Colors and SEVEN Continents!
Dont you find that a VERY strange coincidence?

Lets list them out.
Whites in Europe
Browns in India
Reds in N America
Blacks in Africa
Yellows in China
Light Browns in S America
Aborigines (color) in Australia

Now they could hardly get there by foot, could they? Cross the Alps, cross the Ghobi desert etc. And change color along the way, could they? That would take a hundred thousand years each color
would'nt it? What about purity of color?

Mans continental colors are pure,(or were) They could hardly have gone on foot, and if thay had procreated along the way. Where are those occasional 'throwbacks'. The occasional white or
black, or odd colored baby that would spring up due to procreation of color mixing, all in according to the present laws of Genetics, I might add. The odd color that should be thropwn up even back in the 14 or 15th century when there was little or no mixing?

Since each of the Continents are virtually inaccessible from any other, by foot. It was always my contention that, (but for the invention of the boat and aeroplane) that each colour/race of man has been locked into his own Continent for tens of thousands of years.
Which of course pre-supposes that we could hardly migrate out of Africa, and populate the other six Continents, in view of the mobility difficulty of
achieving this, together with physiological and skin color changes, plus interbreeding, that supposedly went hand in hand with this (unproven) world migration. While keeping all within the accepted time limitations of the H. erectus and H. sapiens discoverys to date, ie.-that the 'Out of Africa migration' started about 100,000 years ago.
The above constitutes the nub of my theory, which I have always considered to be obviously self evident....without the proof.
But interesting nevertheless.
Remember that 'Out of Africa' proponents by splitting Homo specimens into erectus and sapiens, slam the door on interbreeding. Since a species is defined as a group that is reproductively separate. That should hold for 'out of anywhere', (which ever archaic hominins are said to be involved) I feel.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.