Quote:
Originally posted by manfermef:
Still not ok , Johnn.
It seemes to me you established that

"A photon has no rest mass" due to
m= hf/c^2.

But why that m=hf/c^2 isnt a rest mass?
Isn't absurdity that photon hasn't mass?
Why do you talk about photon as a particle if photon hasnt mass ?
Whats the source of his energy?
I do not say that a photon is a "real particle"; I believe that "particles" do not exist. A photon is a light wave that has collapsed to inhabit a small region of space. This happens when the light is being absorbed by an electron; which is also not a "particle". The absorption is akin to a coalescence of the two waves (entanglement). From Galileo's relativity to Newton's laws, "rest mass" relates to the ability of a "body" to be "at rest" within a uniformly moving inertial reference frame. According to Einstein light can never be stationary relative to an inertial reference frame; it musy always move with a speed c. One can, however, assign mass to the kinetic energy that a "body" with rest mass has so the kinetic energy can be written as T=mc^2-m(rest)c^2. where m is larger than m(rest). Similarly, for a light wave (photon?), except that for "a photon" you have that m(rest)=0. I hope this helps.

O yes a lst comment: I believe that in the case of light AND matter the energy relates completely to wave energy. The only difference is that matter can be descibed (by the Schroedinger equation) in terms of stationary time-independent waves; i.e. the wave can be stationary relative to an inertial reference frame; while light cannot be described by stationary time-independent waves (as can be verfified when solving Maxwell's equations).