Topic: Mass of Photon.

I am a neophite here but I can appreciate the ideas that are being considered. My preference is to reduce a concept to its essentials if I can so we can look upon a photon blasting off from the Sun out into space. Either it was not a photon at rest on the Sun or it was created on the spot by the fusion activity of the Sun. When created we can consider that it has no Mass so that is easy. If we contemplate the photon was there to begin with then we must weigh the prospect that the photon was at rest and may possibly have had an original rest status consistent with inherent Mass. When the blast off occurs we either have a conversion of Mass into energy or a uniquely energized particle off into space which may have converted its Mass, if any, into energy.

This new Massless photon will now travel millions of light years expanding constantly to full the ever expanding volumn of space so some stranger far away will see the light.

Question: If the photon has no Mass and if Mass is the source of energy how does the photon manage to travel so many light years away and stiil have substance to be seen by others?

Is the picture the photon carries in its form an indication of substance or of something special?

You know I will be unequiped to challenge any answer you provide.

jjw