Originally Posted By: Bill S.
This is more-or-less my starting point. There are too many impossibilities to allow physical time reversal to work. Or are there? Do we impose the "impossibilities" through our own maths and physics.

In your experiment there is no way to sort forward from backward time in your experiment, you haven't given me enough to sort that out.

The biggest problem with your experiment is the result, which starts from an out there suggestion of a point at which time reverses.

So to make the "result fit" I am thinking what motions could happen to "observe that", and more direct out there results would be things like enter a worm hole and come out at the same entry point but going backwards. You are constructing the far out idea of a point at which time could reverse so I assume I am allowed to put a wormhole there as time is going backwards. So I believe in worm holes no but nor do I believe in points at which time reverses.

You need to have it clear in you mind when you talk of reversing time are you talking of really doing that or just reversing event order because the two things are not the same. Reversing event order is reasonably easy to do, reversing actual time not so much.

Paul correctly worked the LOGIC fail, that you can't be talking about real actual time as you won't go backwards because through the same section of space you initially were going forward. So why didn't you go backwards when coming thru the same section of space originally.

If this was your start point I think you need a new one smile

Last edited by Orac; 06/19/16 02:26 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.