Paul I do not wish to get in another futile discussion with you so I will give you a statement which I do not intend to explain further because I am pretty much over talking to you and your religion inspired problems you invent.

The calculation above is only the time dilation because of speed (v), which is why it is smaller. It would be a real problem if it was bigger.

You have the gravitation effect to add in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_analysis_for_the_Global_Positioning_System
Quote:
When combining the time dilation and gravitational frequency shift, the discrepancy is about 38 microseconds per day

Originally Posted By: paul
Im trying to help you out here orac!

Thanks but your the one who needs help Paul .... It's all pretty basic and checked by pretty much everyone who can do physics. The fact you are having trouble working out the calculation and maths is not my problem ... its yours smile

The second calculation is on the linked page with full working (you can't mess it up this time) so please don't bother asking me for it.

Paul it strikes me you acknowledge there is a 38 microseconds per day change built into the GPS system, so your Paul GOD Physics must have a calculation for this .. right? If you aren't prepared to show the alternative calculation then this is the most stupid of arguments .... It goes ... you agree with the number but don't accept the only calculation that anyone knows that predicts it. I have some ideas involving GOD and backsides if you need help .. just joking smile

We are done ... another stupid Conversation terminated.

Last edited by Orac; 06/07/16 08:39 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.