So a laser is just a really really really stretched ellipse so it just looks like a line??????? I am trying to understand you here.

Originally Posted By: Paul
so try to keep you panties from getting so
wadded up in knots when I leave for a few hours to sleep

I really don't care about any of this I already know the problems no matter what logic you use we will come unstuck. If we don't you just solved the biggest problem in classical physics and what ultimately is wrong with it. I win anyhow as I will write it up, credit you and we collect the Nobel prize and we split the money and glory smile

The point you keep failing to understand is I am open to any answer so long as it makes sense, and you can convert me and I am on your side wink

You need to explain another thing to me does the power of your sphere of light work?

Let me describe a setup:

We have an atom that produces a single photon flash (its called a single photon source) and you are saying the flash spreads out as a sphere like a radio wave, I think. Now in a circle several meters away I have 20 photovoltaic cells (solar cells) around in an even ring each the same distance from the photon flash facing directly at it.

So an icosagon each of the 20 points on the circle has a solar cell facing the single photon source in the middle

Now do each of the 20 cells register a voltage 1/20th or less of the value compared to if I had the source right close to the single photon source?

The voltage of a solar cell is directly proportional to the power of the light hitting the cell and it is instant so I can understand how your power of the sphere emission works.

As you can probably guess I already know what happens here (this is a classic university experiment), so be careful get it wrong and your theory is dead smile

If you want to do this experiment at home (to check the universities) I can give you the radio wave version which behaves exactly the same as what we do here with light. It drives the kids nuts when they are shown the experiment because it only makes sense if you adapt things.

Last edited by Orac; 03/10/16 04:16 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.