I haven't made a strict study of the history of Germany between the wars. However I have gathered a few ideas from my reading. The allied powers forced a harshly punitive peace treaty on the German government. I will say that US President Wilson tried to get the allies to agree to much less punitive restrictions on Germany, but didn't have the power to push it through. But the result was that Germany had a massive depression throughout the 1920s. One of the results of this was that the German people were desperate and ready to grasp at any straw that looked as if it might get them out of their problems. The result was the Nazi party. So a large part of the rise of the Nazis to power was fueled by the allies extreme suppression of the Germans.

Some idea of what it was like is in the book "A Toast to Tomorrow" by Manning Coles. It is the story of a British agent who lived in Germany as a German from the end of WWI to 1936. It is a good story, but not readily available since it is long out of print.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.