ROFL you have been told the answer and most intelligent people get it because they try and understand but you make it my fault.

So lets make this real layman level shall we and use brutal simplifications. There is no such thing as a global reference frame in GR I think I have even seen you write that. So there is no way to globally define or write a global stress-energy tensor.

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress-energy_tensor => " There is in fact no way to define a global energy–momentum vector in a general curved spacetime."

So to conserve energy in our GR calculation, it can *only* work with no contribution to the stress-energy tensor from gravity it is a requirement to make the theory and calculation to work .... so it is set to zero.

You were insisting I show you that calculation ... so you want me to show you how to calculate zero ... that is by definition a mathematical/physics joke.

So are we clear and do you understand that you can't calculate the stress-energy tensor ... no one is going to be able to show you that calculation under GR. What everyone will do is make there "own" frame of reference and deal with pseudo-tensors. You are allowed to do that because all frames of reference are equal under GR.

Now lets see if you can do the next bit yourself and see if you are getting it.

So you have no global frame of reference in space-time, can you can guarantee that you actually can see every wave in it?

Last edited by Orac; 04/13/15 12:33 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.