I saw that and thought about passing it on. I decided not to because it wasn't really showing anything definite. So far they didn't find any thing generated by very small black holes. That may just mean that there aren't a lot of very small black holes out there. I did think that it was good that they could make a gravity wave detector that small, even though it is limited to very high frequency gravity waves.

As far as gravity waves are concerned I can see them being very real, even if they are hard to detect. I can even see gravity waves from Newtonian physics. Let's do a though experiment.

Assume you are in a space ship say 1 light year from a star with 1 planet in orbit around it. You just happen to have an extremely sensitive gravity field detector. You point the detector at the star and measure the gravitational field strength. Now when the planet is on your side of the star its gravitational field strength will be larger than when it is on the far side of the star. So the combined gravitational field strength of the star and the planet will vary with time. That sounds like a gravitational wave. I realize that it will probably be more complicated under GR, but it should follow the same general pattern. A planet orbiting a star will produce gravitational waves.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.