Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I am aware that the medical definition of Munchausen Syndrome involves the invention and exaggeration of health symptoms, but all the Munchausen sufferers I have worked with have displayed symptoms which showed a striking similarity to Newton’s posting.

In no way am I suggesting that there is any better response than ignoring his posts, but perhaps, as a person, he should be pitied rather than ridiculed.
Bill S, this is what I like to call a pneuma-psycho-somatic--a spirit-mind-body condition. More details, later.
Allow me to put it this way:

1. We are pneuma beings--that is, we are self-created, or spiritual-based beings.

2. We have psyches (minds)--that is, brain-based computer-like mechanisms we use to organize life as we perceive it.

3. We also have somas (physical bodies), which we use to experience the physical dimensions we tend to call real life.
==============
Pneuma-psyche-somatic diseases, like Munchausen Syndrome, you mention, and addictions, are diseases we bring on ourselves. We can use willpower, the greatest human strength to deal with them.

Psyche-somatic diseases are those inflicted on us by parents, family, friends others and circumstances. To deal with them we harness the power of education.

Somatic diseases? Here we need all the resources of the somatic sciences.

PUT ALL TOGETHER AND WE HAVE HOLISM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org