I hadn't thought about it before, but I suspect that is one of the places where there might be some conflict between GR and QM. Obviously none of the particles described by QM can get out. But the graviton can. That is in the case of Quantum Gravity. Obviously GR doesn't have that problem. GR is all about the curvature of space created by mass.

The following is all off of the top of my head, so it is open to a lot of correction. In GR gravity can be considered as a distortion of a field. The field is not going to be subject to the same limitations as a quantum particle. That is, it is continuous across the event horizon. Particles moving in the gravitational field move in a "straight line", with respect to the field. So if the field is warped the line is warped to match the warp of the field. If the warp is too large the particles are held within a certain distance of the singularity* at the center of the event horizon because the warpage curves their trajectory so much that they cannot pass the horizon. However, the distortion in the field does not really have a trajectory, it just exists. However, when the distortion changes the change moves through the field at the universal speed limit C.

And that is my totally spur of the moment, top of the head analysis.

* In the context I recognize that there cannot, according to QM actually be a singularity, but for simplicity I will use the word. I expect that someday there will be a theory of quantum gravity that will more clearly tell us what is at the center.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.