Originally Posted By: Orac
And you missed my obvious response ... what do I care ...

No my response was inclusive of that fact, tho as often as you respond to everyone and everything that is posted here, and with great flaming expertise, I'd say your claim to fame in that circle of thought is a facade. Underneath you seem plagued with the affliction of attachment to opinion that is not your own.
I am paid to do a job and I do it so long as it doesn't conflict with my morality and/or the law.
Since when does the government, military or the corporations worry about morality or the law. If you do what they say is lawful, why would you say different? Are you a lawyer or a politician or just a paid scientist?

The rest of it we leave to religion and politics to slug it out it simply isn't a matter for science.

That would be the absence of morality

We might like religion to act differently you have issues with them as well but at the end of the day they like science probably don't care what you think ... sucks to be you hey TT.

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. I don't get paid to accept the moralities or policies of government, military or corporate mentality.

Darkness is within humanity, yet anyone can choose to rise above their own negativity and become what they will. Not all just follow the authority. The way you describe science is not much different than the way religion is run. Someone establishes fact and policy and everyone follows the leader.

Not everyone will begin to think for themselves

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!