I would agree with both of your comments totally.

Originally Posted By: bill
I suppose I should add Lubos to my list of places to check regularly, but I sometimes have trouble reading his site. For one thing he sometimes gets too technical and is hard to follow. For another he is extremely wordy, all his articles are a lot longer than I think they need to be. And for one more thing his site is just flat hard to read. Those small characters on the dark green background are kind of hard for me to read.

The target audience is not Layman he has clearly stated that a number of times it is aimed much more at a physics graduate level. I agree with your comments on the blog but unlike someone like Ethan the blog is not really a commercial thing from my understanding, so I cut it some slack. (PS Can someone tell me if this sentence finally reads right...I hate english)

He is most definitely aggressive and opinionated in most posts but at the end of the day he is there to discuss science not win a popularity contest. Contrary to what he thinks he appears to think he is not always right but I am not telling him that for the spray I would get smile

Sascha Vongehr once described him as "a high functioning idiot savant whose considerable abilities in juggling mathematics and its application" but "a social misfit" and went on to say "He could be a leading physicist, yet he ends up being a loudmouth destroying straw-men". That is pretty close to how I view him but in science history there are many such characters you don't have to look far Feynman and Tesla spring immediately to mindsmile

Originally Posted By: Bill S
Personally, I think Matt's frequent calls for caution, rather than just accepting everything on sight, are wise and refreshing.

That is unlike you there is an infinity on the line here and you objected when I used almost the same argument smile

Last edited by Orac; 03/28/14 01:26 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.