I went and took a look at Lubos' article. I agree with you that he is wrong in at least this case. Having read through it I think that his big problem is that he (Lubos) is a very strong supporter of String Theory. He feels that ST is the complete answer to all the problems of physics. Of course this has not been established, and Matt Strassler is aware of that fact. I noticed also that Lubos kept trashing Loop Quantum Theory, which has also not been either validated or invalidated. Basically he is so locked into ST that he can't stand for anybody to cast any doubts on it.

I suppose I should add Lubos to my list of places to check regularly, but I sometimes have trouble reading his site. For one thing he sometimes gets too technical and is hard to follow. For another he is extremely wordy, all his articles are a lot longer than I think they need to be. And for one more thing his site is just flat hard to read. Those small characters on the dark green background are kind of hard for me to read.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.