Ahh another star eyed naïve pacifist ... I do admire people who have conviction of belief in pacifism.

The problem is you assume that a great number of scientists might remotely share your idea and beliefs.

Science is about studying how the world works and we come from all sorts of backgrounds and religions and the concept of pacifism is probably no higher than any random sample of people selected from a population.

Worse still science doesn't rate pacifism as a desirable trait and science doesn't care about popularity and how it is viewed by the media, religions or any other organization. Hence science does not readily attract pacifists or aspire to it or become a discipline that attracts pacifists.

Do scientists care that people are grateful and think fondly of science and them ... for a group of scientists that ratio is probably lower than a random sample. You don't do science to become a better person, fame or for the low pay ... most do it for knowledge or other related personal reasons.

Nothing wrong with trying to change the world and many scientists would argue they are doing it rather than talking about it but I do wish you all the best in your quest.

As many on this forum know I am never optimistic about human behavior and I suspect you will learn the lesson that many of the great pacifists in history learnt as we nailed them to the cross, shot them or imprisoned them .... pacifism is a great ideal but the opposition doesn't play by the same rules.

Good luck and may you run faster than those chasing you.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.